May 15, 2010

We're Off to See the Wizard...

Here I am in Greensboro, NC, for the weekend. I am visiting my best friend, Jen, who I have not seen in a couple months. When I arrived last night I had a grin on my face from ear to ear. It is so good to see her. Jen really is the best friend I have ever had. She and I have been though so much in the past 10 - 12 years, and we know all the deepest and darkest secrets of each other's life.

Consequently, I am not the only one smiling from ear to ear. This is the happiest I have ever seen Jen. There is this calmness and happiness about her that is hard to describe. Well, I can certainly pinpoint why she is so happy...she is getting married in September! I am so glad that she has found the one for her. She deserves it more than anyone else I know. In her guest room (aka MY ROOM), I saw this huge, white garment bag hanging in the walk-in closet. I realized immediately it is her wedding gown. Snuck a peek at it...she will be absolutely gorgeous in it.



Today (Saturday) we will head out to the farmer's market to get some of our favorite staples...goat cheese, strawberries, breads, etc. Then we will probably head out shopping for a bit. The scary thing is when the two of us are together my credit card begins to smoke. We can tear it up!

Then tonight it is off to the show...WICKED!




Wicked: The Musical is on tour and has made its way to the Durham Performing Arts Center. I love this musical. It truly is unlike any other. I have been looking forward to this for some time. It was funny last week when I was watching our 7th graders put on their chorus concert and they did an ommage to Broadway. They sang Defying Gravity, and of course I had to sing along. My 6th graders looked at me funny as I was singing (They always look at me like that...they think I am crazy! I love it!). Hearing the kids sing that song made me more and more excited for this show.

I also love DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center). It has only been open about a year. It is a truly stunning beauty. It is phenomenal place for the performing arts.  It only adds to the grandeur of the show.




It will be an awesome time. Will report back once I get home and recover from this marathon weekend!

Take care, everyone!
- JC

No comments:

Post a Comment