April 12, 2010

Update on the Date

It was brought to my attention this morning that I had not reported back to everyone about my date this weekend. My fault...

Anyway, it was Saturday night. I met Ryan at his house, which is about 45 minutes north of mine. When I got there, Ryan met me at the door. We sat and chatted for a few minutes. Before we left, he had to let his two dogs out for a bathroom break. Okay, the dogs were cute but extremely hyper. They were instantly jumping all over me. I can handle that! We stood outside for about 15 minutes or so while the dogs roamed the yard. There was some conversation about life in general, but that was between his German Shepard trying to run around me and get me tangled in his leash.

We went to dinner at this Italian restaurant in town. Wouldn't you know it, one of my teaching colleagues was there. (I seriously cannot go anywhere without seeing someone I know.) Dinner was awesome and the conversation was pretty good.

After dinner we went back to his house to catch a movie on Netflix. A little more conversation during the movie, and that was about it.

I don't know what to think. I know that we are at totally different points in our lives. The conversations could have gone better. I don't know...maybe I was expecting more interest on my part. There was just no spark or real interest.

I think we could be awesome friends, but I don't feel a relationship happening there. Hey, there is nothing wrong with having more friends.

That means I am still living in the singles realm. Life goes on!

Off to rake grass and clean up plant beds. Oh, the joys of spring break...more work!

- JC

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything went well overall- not all dates are great- that coming from the self-proclaimed king of dates... haha. I don't know if that's a good slogan for me being that I haven't actually found Mr. Right yet, but I've been through my share of crazy ones.

    Hope you played it off well and weren't too nervous when you ran into a colleague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you went. Never know til you try right? !

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I imagined the dogs humping your legs. I think that's what dogs do in movies only. That seemed like a relatively good date. There could have been more spark, but you appeared to have enjoyed yourself and that's important too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the whole purpose of going on a date, Joey!

    To see if there's chemistry or not. Now you know!

    Try, try again.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete