April 11, 2010

So Long, Julia Sugarbaker!

I just learned that actress Dixie Carter passed away yesterday.

Dixie Carter is probably best known for her role as Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women. Julia was the fiesty, opinionated, fearless, and downright ruthless Sugarbaker sister. I remember watching Designing Women with my grandmother when she would be taking care of us. Oh, the good old days.

Dixie Carter was an extremely talented actress, a classically-trained opera singer, and just an amazing woman. I doubt there was much she could not achieve.

As a tribute, and just a fun way to remember Dixie (and Julia), I am attaching a few videos.







Publish Postpe="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505">


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these. I remember watching her on Nick at Night and thinking, "Does this make me gay?" Whatever the case, I look at myself now and then and see that I've gained a little of the confidence and grace I envied in Dixie Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware Dixie Carter had passed!

    I actually only saw Designing Women in bits and pieces. Never got into that show as a child.

    But I do recall her as Mr. Drummond's new wife on the later episodes of Diff'rent Strokes.

    A talented lady for sure!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete