April 4, 2010

Dilemma

I have a dilemma...

There is a concert next Monday night that I would give anything to attend. The concert is the music of Scott Alan. It is no secret that I am a huge fan of his music. The concert next Monday has quite a lineup of some of Broadway's brightest stars.

- Scott Alan

- Matt Doyle

- David Burtka (yes, he is Neil Patrick Harris' better half)

- RJ Helton (American Idol fame)

- The Broadway Boys


So here is my dilemma. I live over 600 miles away from New York City. I don't have a trip planned for NYC next week. In fact, I planned on chilling out next week during spring break. (My big trip will be New Orleans this summer, so no other big trips planned until then!)

Do I make the trip just for the concert?

Stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. Go to the concert. Treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to get a plane ticket, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not just go. From the movie Risky Business: "Sometimes you just have to say what the f@&$."

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wanted to go and had the funds, I'd definitely go. Why regret it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. David -

    Me too...ever since I got to see him in Spring Awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it would be a good opportunity to change air, and I am not just speaking about the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone, for you thoughts on this dilemma. Unfortunately, I have decided NOT to go next week. As much as I want to (and I have battled myself back and forth for a week now) it turns out that I am needed here. Duty calls. I have a budget meeting and a city commission meeting to attend next week. Our school system is in a bad budget crunch, and I may be asked to "rally the troops" to the commission meeting. The leader of the union needs to be present at the meeting to speak for the teachers.

    While I am sad not to go, I know I will get to watch it all on YouTube later. Not quite the same thing, but I will still get to enjoy the wonderful music sung by some truly remarkable Broadway stars!

    Best of luck to Scott Alan, Matt Doyle, and the entire cast of performers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joey!

    To see all those hotties in one place? Yes, go, you fool! LOL

    Sorry you won't be going due to other commitments. Ah, such is life.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete