This weekend I decided to catch up on some movies I have been wanting to see.
Last night I went and saw
Red. In a word...awesome! I loved this movie. It was hilarious, plus you had some hard core action. It kept me going through the entire movie. John Malkovich was hilarious as the conspiracy-ridden psychotic ex-CIA hitman. The best part of his character is the PIG.
My favorite actor in the movie was Helen Mirren. Mirren plays a former CIA agent whose specialty is killing people. Yes, she was a sniper. She gets to shoot a lot of different guns in this movie, and she was bad ass. (Pardon the expression, but there was just no other way to put it!)
Go see this movie!
How to Train Your Dragon was released on DVD/Blue Ray just yesterday. I rented the movie from Red Box. (Who doesn't love Red Box?) This movie was great. It made me smile. What I kept thinking about this movie was what a lesson it could teach on acceptance of others and how not to judge a book by it's cover.
Toothless was made a cute dragon. I want a Night Fury like toothless.
Iron Man 2 was even better than the original
Iron Man.
The one point I would like to make about this movie is that Scarlett Johansson was H-A-W-T! I just could not take my eyes off of her. She is gorgeous, but in this movie she was just plain smokin'!!!
Well, I had to throw in a love story / chick-flick in the mix somewhere, so I chose
Letters to Juliet. It was a beautiful movie. Vanessa Redgrave made this movie. Without her, I don't think I would have enjoyed this movie half as much. She has such innocence and wonder throughout the movie. She has such hope of finding her long lost love, Lorenzo.
It took me a minute to realize that the actor who plays Charlie, Christopher Egan, stared in the TV series
Kings earlier this year. I hate that it got cancelled after just one season. Oh well.
He also played Nick in Home and Away
ReplyDeleteI didn't like Iron Man 2 as much as you did (That scene where Scarlett takes out all those people whole the other guy takes forever to get rid of one was the only good part in my book), but I can't wait to see Red. It looks like a heat movie.
ReplyDelete