October 10, 2010

Fall Break

As I mentioned in my last post, this week is my school system's fall break. I am blessed to get an entire week off of work. This year it equates to some much needed down time. This has been the most stressful and difficult teaching years of my life. (For the record, there is hope on the horizon!)

I originally had planned on taking a few days and traveling to St. Augustine, Florida to explore since I didn't get the chance during Jenny's wedding. I scrapped those plans for a number of reasons. Now I am left with a full week with absolutely nothing to do. I do have an alternative plan.

My mother has told me for a few years now that I can use her lake house whenever I want. It is about an hour south of my home. My mom and stepfather bought this land on the lake about 20 year ago, and then they built a lake house on the property. The location is perfect. It is secluded and on the bend of the lake. Two sides of the house have views of the water. About 3 years ago, mom had an addition put onto the house. They added a new master bedroom. It has a recessed ceiling that has lights on the perimeter and it is painted to look like the afternoon sky with clouds. (Mom got the idea for the ceiling from her suite in Las Vegas. I want to say it was Caesar's Palace, but I cannot remember.) The french doors in the bedroom open up to a brand new deck overlooking the lake.

I am thinking of calling mom in the morning and asking for permission to use the lake house. I will probably spend 2-3 days there just getting some much needed rest. I might even try to convince the stepfather to let me take one of the boats out on the water.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

In other news, my grandmother's birthday is on Tuesday (October 12). She would have 81 years old. Not a day goes by that I do not think of that woman. I will post a tribute to her on Tuesday.

Good night, all!
- Joey

2 comments:

  1. go to the lake house! go to the lake house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vacation on the lake sounds like a plan!
    Hope you feel better and get over your cold soon!

    ReplyDelete