Tonight I have settled into my couch with an amazing cup of fresh hot chocolate. I decided to chop up Dove chocolate pieces, melt them slowly, and add them to steaming hot milk. It is probably one of the best cups of hot chocolate I have had in a pretty long time!
As I sit here tonight, I have been laughing (something that I definitely needed) at pictures that I have caught on Facebook. Thought I would share a few.
First, meet Santa Claus...aka My Father! Yes, this is an actual picture of my dad. Every year he grows out his hair and beard starting in August and ending in December. I will admit that he does look like Santa Claus. However, the hair drives me up the wall and down again! Little kids will see us at restaurants, and they will stare at my father who they believe to be Santa.
My Christmas present each year is that he shaves on Christmas Day! I cannot help but hate the long hair. It makes him look so much older than he is.
Today I found this picture from a friend's Christmas party. Some lady that came to the party made these little treats. Yes, they look like little mice on a plate. I am dying to try and make these. From what I can tell it is a chocolate-covered graham cookie for the base, a chocolate-covered cherry for the body and tail, a Hershey's kiss for the face, slivered almonds for the ears, and some red decorating gel for the eyes. It looks complicated but simple. I think I will try to make these for a party I am attending on Tuesday.
My friend, Amanda, is obsessed with her cats. She will someday be the ultimate cat-lady. She posted this picture today of one of her cats looking festive for the holiday season. Poor cat looks miserable in his antlers.
The other picture that I was tempted to post was of Amanda holding down the cat. I commented that it was sad she had to forcibly hold down the cat to make him wear those antlers.
I found this picture on an article titled "Holiday Stress." I just loved the picture. I actually start devouring my gingerbread man with the legs. I always save the face for last. Someone asked me why, and of course my evil comment was that I wanted the gingerbread man to suffer and watch as he is eaten alive. (Insert evil laugh here!)
This picture is of my youngest nephew, Dominic. He just turned 5. What a cute kid. He is so full of energy. I often laugh when his mother gets frustrated with him. He is so cute, it is hard to stay angry with him. I can't wait to see him on Friday!





'melted Dove chocolate'
ReplyDeleteDove chocolate?
So I googled it and apparently it's what we in the UK have as Galaxy.
OK, but we also Cadbury's drinking chocolate which is pretty good, although melting Green's chocolate bars would be even more butch!
But then there's that mouse!
And cannibalism in gingerbread!
Have a great time!
To look at those
What I would do for a cup of hot chocolate like that. I just about have the patience for instant Nestle.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of your dad!
And I love the idea of the little mouse for Christmas parties, gift bags, etc.