Winter is certainly making its entrance a bit early this year. We have seen snow all day long. I am loving it. The only question that remains is "Will we have a delay or a cancellation of school tomorrow?"
Some of the surrounding school systems have already called off school for tomorrow. Others have already issued delays. Of course, there are surrounding school systems that are higher up in the mountains, and they cancel at every mention of SNOW!
I have been in contact with our Director of Schools today via Facebook. (Yes, my Director of Schools is "hip" enough to be on Facebook.) His last update said:
Fingers crossed for a regular schedule tomorrow. Would like avoid this until at least January!
I wrote back to him and said I knew he was anxious to try our new messenger system out tomorrow. Recently, our "techno-forward" system FINALLY got a text messaging, robo-call, and email alert system. It took a two-year study for them to finally choose one. Over the past two weeks parents have been signing up for the new system. The director told me that it would not be ready to go until mid-week. I laughed!
It is on days like these that I do not envy his job.
What's worse is that I have two meetings tomorrow at Central Office, and I am speaking in front of the School Board tomorrow night. I certainly hope the snow lays off this week so we can get through the week until Winter Break (December 17!!!!!!!!).
Last year was an awful winter. Some of the surrounding school systems had so much snow that they only went to school a total of 12 days between December and January. I pray it won't be as bad this year.
But I LOVE THE SNOW!

I think it's sad if people let go of that childish love of snow!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you - I love it! We've just had a week of it here and although I reckon the roads are now all more or less OK, there's still plenty for our dog and us kids to play in!
Enjoy what you can.
We are having a snow frenzy right now, something which both the UK and Ireland are not equipped to deal with.
ReplyDeleteJoey, I have to point out that orange writing on a transparent background is a little hard to read.
You got WAY More than us!
ReplyDeleteJoey!
ReplyDeleteThe snow makes everything look so magical.
I love how the snow collects on the tree limbs as shown in that amazing photo you posted!
-Dean