Normally, Dad's family gets together at my Aunt Sue's house for Christmas. This year was the first time we gathered on Christmas Eve or Christmas day in years. We normally gather before the holiday because my cousins have farther to travel during the holidays.
Somehow we got to gather on Christmas Eve this year. However, there was a change in the gathering place. Instead of meeting at my Aunt Sue's house, I was told we were gathering at my cousin Kelli's apartment. When I inquired as to why we changed, I was told that it was easier for us all to gather there instead of having to transport so many kids. (Among my three cousins, there are T-E-N kids under the age of 10. That's right, uncle Joey has 10 nieces and nephews on this side of the family!) I drove the 2 1/2 hours to Kelli's apartment. My job upon arriving was to help keep the munchkins under control. I am instantly attacked by Dominic and Jacobi.
All the gifts that were given that night were to the kids. All the adults have stopped buying for each other, and we all purchase gifts for the children. My cousins cannot afford to buy much for Christmas, so we all take care of it. The kids had a blast. There was a DVD player, a slew of DVDs, lots of clothes, Nerf guns, WWE action figures, and some jewelry sets for my nieces.
I drove back to my house that night. The meteorologists had all predicted all kinds of snow on Christmas day, and I did not want to get stuck. This is the first year in my life that I have not been with my brother and father on Christmas morning. I would not get to partake in my dad making his traditional Christmas breakfast. It was a bit disheartening, but my dad called me early to wish me Merry Christmas and to check on the snowfall report. Oddly enough, we had NO SNOW on Christmas morning. The snow did not start falling until around 10 AM...go figure!
In the afternoon of Christmas day, my brother and I drove to my mother and step-father's house. They live exactly one hour from my brother and one hour from me. When we got to mom's, we all went downstairs to the media room. This is where mom keeps her Christmas tree. (It is also the largest room in the house which means more room for my two nephews, Will and Matthew, to roam. There are less breakables down there, too.) We all settled in for a few hours of conversation. My brother and mother only see each other at Christmas each year. So there is tons of catching up to do. As I sat there, I laughed at how much I am like my mother and how much my brother and step-father are alike. We exchanged gifts, then my mother took us upstairs to load us up with holiday food. My favorite Christmas food from mom...homemade sausage balls. There are none that compare.
All-in-all, it was a nice Christmas. It was peaceful, and it turned out to be a white Christmas. We RARELY get a white Christmas around here. (Of course, we now have over 6 inches of snow since yesterday, and it is still snowing!)
Below is a list of some of my Christmas gifts:
Droid X - It arrives on Wednesday!
Armani Code - My mother has impeccable taste!
Superman Watch
Convection Oven - So I can keep on baking!
Just Dance 2 - This boy's gotta dance!
Twilight : Eclipse - Yes, I follow the movie and books!
Zumba DVD set - Yes, I actually asked for this!
I hope everyone else had a great Christmas holiday! Take care!







Glad you had what sounds to be a good Christmas overall!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have a convection oven like that! And I've yet to smell Aqua Code. I am a big fan of Armani scents, so I can only imagine...
Zumba is a kick! oh, what I would pay to see you doing the waka waka!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a good holiday.