I have always been one not to settle and rest on my laurels!
For the past couple of years I have been contemplating returning to school to get my other post-graduate degrees. I want to get my EdS is Supervision and Administration for my next degree. I really feel that I will be a great school administrator/leader. I need this degree so I can garner my Supervisor endorsement with the state department of education.
There is a problem with this...the money!
The program that I am interested in will cost about $12,000 with tuition and books. That certainly is not an amount of money that have set aside at the moment. Let's face it...I am a middle school teacher. We are not known for our great wealth. Also, include the fact that I am already paying off student loans. I do not want to go back into debt for more.
So what am I to do? I am looking for scholarships and grants that I could possibly get to fund this next degree. I looked into payment options for this program. They do a monthly payment plan, but it is right at $1000 per month. OUCH!
This is one of those times when I earnestly wish some long-lost relative would have left me a great deal of money in their will! It would be much easier.
I have to find a solution for this. I am welcoming all ideas or known resources I can employ to help me out.
Right now I am too tired to continue working on this. I am off to bed!
fastweb.com and scholarships.com
ReplyDeleteI will talk to my former neighbor if I can get in contact with her- there is a program in the northeast- Maine or Vermont I want to say at a college- that works around teacher's schedules and you go for a couple weeks in a summer and complete the program over the summer. She went through it and had most of the program scholarshipped.
I think you would be a great administrator and very inspiring to new teachers!
I have heard about this program in the NEA etc., but am not sure it is valid outside of New York. Search "summer" "administrative certificate/masters in administration/ summer masters" for teachers and you'll yield lots of results...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.tc.columbia.edu/o%26l/ed%2Dleadership/spa/index.asp?Id=Degree+Description&Info=Degree+Description
Wow! That is a very steep tuition. I had no idea it would be that expensive.
ReplyDelete