This week I learned that I am living in the most depressed city in the United States. Based on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, Johnson City (TN) received the worst score for depression.
Who knew???
Seems we are also the worst in the nation for high cholesterol...hmmmmmmmmmmm.
For the record, my cholesterol is in great shape! Believe me, it gets checked twice a year now with our school system's health/wellness program. Bloodwork every March and September for a complete workup and assessment.
As for the depression...it is bizarre to think that my city is the worst in the nation. I can report that the highest payout of prescription drugs in our system is anti-depressants. (That is the truth!)
Maybe the report was right?
Is this a reason for me to high-tail it out of here? No! I do love it here, even if I do complain about it from time to time. However, it could be a good argument if/when I decide to leave.

Must explain all the doctors you've talked about in your area.
ReplyDelete