April 17, 2011

A Longing...

I long for the times of my childhood,
A period that was simpler and forever joyous.


I long for my years in school,
My love of learning meant every day was something new.


 I long for my college years,
A time when I was invincible and the world was at my fingertips!


 I long for my long lost friends,
Those who have moved away and moved on in life.


 I long for the years I lost
As I scratched and clawed my way through denial and hiding.



I long for my mother to truly know me,
And the hope that she whole-heartedly accepts her oldest son for whom he is.


I long for the life that I cannot yet see.
Whatever is in store for me is beyond my horizon of sight.

I long for a simple touch of the hand,
A sign of love and affection that speaks volumes without saying one word.


I long for the words “I Love You.”
Three powerful words that my heart has not fully spoken or truly felt before.


I long for my partner in this life,
Someone with whom I can walk with as we share each others’ joys, sorrows, fears, and celebrations.


I long for the day of being a parent,
To love and guide my children as they grow and learn.


I long for the days when I change the world,
Even if that day comes and I do not realize it, I continue to work towards that goal daily!


I long for the day where I long no more,
A life that is already out there for me.
I only need go and find it! 

3 comments:

  1. The human condition means that we constantly long for something, even when we achieve our goals, the ID moves on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the longing, and there will always be some of that, but you are already living life. Life is now, the trick is finding joy in the journey, not waiting to find it at some destination point. I recognize it is sometimes easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sighs and looks into the distance...*

    ReplyDelete