March 17, 2011

Hate is the Worst Four-Letter Word I Know

I have been sitting on this thought for a couple days, and now I am ready to put it out there!

Earlier this week I logged onto the Blogosphere to catch up on some of my favorite people. I was a bit stunned when I tried to log on to a page owned by my favorite pair of MJs and discovered that the page had been set to private. I instantly sent a text to MMJ to see what was happening. She told me that a number of people were being mean with comments on her blog, so she decided it was time to back away from her blog for a while. I sent her back a text to tell her I loved her and will be here. (She truly is amazing and deserves all the love the world can give her.)

I have sat on this thought throughout the week, and I have become more and more angered by the thought of people who don't even know the MJs writing comments that are hurtful and disrespectful on their blog. Why must people spew negativity and hate? It is not right! Since I have met the MJs, I have found them to be the most loving, accepting, and fun people I know. I am honored to call them friends! The do NOT deserve any type of hate being sent their direction.

Yes, I believe in the right to free speech. However, I also believe in respect for your fellow man. You can easily express your views without sending negativity out into the world. I think we can all agree that there is enough negativity and hate in the world as it is. Why would you want to add to it?

We live in a world where no one is like the person sitting next to them. Our differences are what make the world a fascinating place. We all have something to learn from each other. Why can't we all just get along.

So, with that being said, I will end with this one thought... LOVE YOU MMJ and MNJ!

1 comment: