November 13, 2011

Why?

Today I was reading several different papers online, and I stumbled across the following article.

CLICK HERE


Let me just begin with saying that this supposed state representative is a complete and udder idiot. Not that I am saying my local representatives are much better. However, this guy is the king of the idiots. I am sitting here in such disbelief by the comments made by this man. What's worse is some of the public comments to the article made on the paper's website. Obviously there are other idiots who feel the same way. I thank God that I am not one of them.

It is times like these that I am ashamed to be living in a state where such hatred, racism, and bigotry are alive and well. I would love nothing more than to kick people like these idiots out of my state...and eventually my country. However, I know that no matter where we go, there will always be stupidity. What's worse is that stupidity seems to lead the ignorant.

I know teens and adults who believe such nonsense simply because they don't know any better. They haven't taken the time to get to know those who are Muslim or done any research into the Islamic faith. I work very hard each day to teach tolerance, acceptance, understanding, and appreciation for those who are different from you and I. I love being able to teach students the truth out there in the world. What gives me hope is the look on these kids faces when they hear of such stupidity in the world. They cannot understand the levels of hatred being spewed in this world. My hope is that the upcoming generations will be able to eradicate hatred, racism, and bigotry.

To my friends who are Muslim, please know that I love you, and there are so many others in this world who love you. Please don't let the stupid ramblings of the uneducated and intolerant get to you. Please ignore them. The only reason most of these people make such comments is to get into the news. Well, it worked in this case.

CLICK THE PICTURE TO GO TO AN AWESOME MUSIC VIDEO
REBA MCENTIRE - WHAT IF

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to be "tolerated." I want to be accepted. :-)

    And while that guy's definitely an idiot, what does his base think of him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. Acceptance is key!

    As for the voting base of this idiot, some are horrified while others are loving it. (Of course, he is a tea party baby. That should say enough!)

    ReplyDelete