This weekend I spent some time watching a few movies that have been in my Netflix cue for some time. I have never been one too keen on foreign films. However, I spent Saturday evening reading English subtitles. I loved it.
I focused on gay foreign films, not really knowing what I would find. I knew I was not looking for porn. I wanted drama, something intellectual, etc. What I ended up with were several movies that really made you think, made you wonder what if, and just about tore my heart out.
Here is what I watched so far this weekend...
Time to Leave (France)
David's Birthday (Spain)
Plan B (Argentina)
Saturn in Opposition (Italy)
I enjoyed my gay foreign film weekend. I am now dying to see more subtitles...
Have you seen Transamerica? That's an interesting one I saw last weekend... it is an unexpected story and Dolly's song Travelin' Through is the theme song for the movie http://youtu.be/mx_I-byng78
ReplyDeleteMikey - I have seen Transamerica. I caught it one day on cable. It was pretty good. Felicity Huffman did an amazing job!
ReplyDelete