Well, maybe not the way you think.
On Thursday, one of my students' mothers brought by some jeans for our clothing closet (Students who need clothes get them from donations made to the closet...it is pretty spectacular!). While she was in, she dropped by the classroom with two puppies. They are only two weeks old and way too cute! Their mother is a Yorkie and their daddy is a Maltese. Both puppies are female. One is brown and white while the other is completely white.
I got to hold the white pup, and she immediately climbed under my chin. I was hooked from that moment. I couldn't let her go. As you can imagine, the sight of these adorable puppies caused quite a stir on the hallway.
As I walked the pup from room to room, the student's mom told me she was giving these two puppies away in several weeks. I asked her to put me down for the white one. She is just too adorable to let go.
Honestly, I have been looking for a pet, but I haven't found one I connected with yet. The student's mom offered to babysit for me when I had to be out of town. (That would be the biggest concern for me is my traveling.)
So, it looks like I may be a daddy! I should get her at spring break which is late in March.
Any ideas for names???
My students suggestions, so far:
- Snowflake
- Ducky (because of my obvious obsession with rubber ducks)
- Snowball

Awwww... too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI want a puppy too! It would be great if the mom could mail me the other puppy in a small box :p just kidding. I think you got the cuter one anyways. How about Joey Junior?
ReplyDeleteADORABLE Joey!!
ReplyDeleteI love the little droplet of snot coming out from her nose. Too precious!
What about "Zoey" as a name? It's unique and rhymes with "Joey"!
(^_^)
-Dean