These Facebook ads on the side of my screen tend to make my skin crawl. I don't like that they are gathering information about me and trying to produce ads on my page that will tempt me to visit.
Today I found this on the side of my Facebook page. All I kept thinking was "What the..."
Just a note to Facebook - REALLY???

But you don't understand, Joey, it's a FAB DEAL!
ReplyDeleteLOL
-Dean
I get messages like this too! It is indeed a bit unsettling how Facebook uses our information. Well, at least "Scott" likes that.
ReplyDeleteHehe... There's a good chance that I'm that "Scott" that likes the page. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's basically a "Groupon" for gay stuff, and so far (they just launched a few days ago) a lot of their stuff has been location-specific (New York City, for the most part).
They had a sweet deal on underwear from Baskit though, that I almost bought into.
The ads may make your skin crawl, but they're a dream come true for advertisers. :)
@Scott - It is you on there. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteLol. No worries. :)
ReplyDeleteHere's how I see it:
I'm going to be advertised to. That's just a fact of life on the internet.
I'd personally prefer that Facebook (or Google, or whoever) use the information I've voluntarily given them (plus whatever they can extrapolate from that information, or from my friends list, or from the sites I visit) to deliver ads for products and services that I might actually find applicable to my life.
Have you got "The Men Pen" yet? Or the gay erotica "starring YOU"? (These are hilarious [in a creepy way], actually)
ReplyDelete