January 27, 2011

Finding It Difficult

I am sitting here tonight trying to fill out this application handed to me by my principal. I have been nominated for Teacher of the Year. I was in complete shock when she called me into her office and told me that my colleagues have nominated me.

I suppose the shock comes from the fact that I am my own worst critic. I am always finding places in improve. I just don't see myself as Teacher of the Year material. Please don't get me wrong, I am honored. I am just in denial.

I am having quite a hard time filling out this application. It is one thing for me to be out there in the community trying to help make the world a better place. It is another thing to talk about it all. I am supposed to write one page about my community involvement. Every time I start writing this I just stop in my tracks. It feels like I am bragging, and I HATE doing that more than anything else.

Why is this so difficult? Why do I have such a hard time talking about my work in this world?

Ugh! (That's the only reaction I can think of right now.)

Needed some music today, and I bought Amos Lee's new CD. It is awesome! 

3 comments: