December 28, 2011

Bit of an Update

I will post more of an update about what's been going on in life a little later. For now, I wanted to give just a brief update on the best friend!

On Friday, December 23, my family gathered at my Aunt Sue's house for our annual Christmas get-together. Just imagine a house filled with 8 of my 11 nieces and nephews (all under the age of 10) running around. I love my family, but they need to show some discipline towards these kids. I had a couple of them come up, hit me, and just be downright rude. Of course, being who I am, I "went teacher" on them and made them behave. I personally think my family is just glad I take the initiative to get them calm. Well, no one else will do it! Ugh!

Anyway, early in the gathering I received a phone call from best friend Jenny. I was excited to see her calling, but I was also terrified to pick up the phone. I have not spoken with Jenny in three months. Feel free to see the previous posts about the topic if you are not caught up on this one!

I went into one of the bedrooms, closed the door for some peace and quiet, then I picked up the phone. It was great just to hear her voice. We talked for about 10 minutes before the family began to interrupt the phone call. The beauty of it all is that neither of us was upset with the other. It was as if nothing had happened.

I got to catch up with her for just a few minutes. She has been having a hard time over the past month or so. Her family practice office was being shut down, so she has lost her job. It is a long, sordid story that is just disgusting to me. They have treated Jenny and her nurses so badly. With this development, Jenny and husband Chris have decided to make the move to Jacksonville, Florida in the next month or two. They will be living in Chris' condo he still has down there. Jenny is going to sell her condo in Greensboro, NC. This is a tough on for me since she is moving even further away...now 8 hours instead of 3.

It was a great time to talk, and I was so relieved when we got through it. I love my Jenny more than anything. So glad to have heard from her. We have plans to get together this week. This was one of the best Christmas gifts I could have ever received.

That is all for now!
Take care,
Joey

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like she is lucky to have a buffer and is in a good position, as tough as it may be. Take care, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there...it's touching.

    a cheerful visit form Bicol. :)

    ReplyDelete